Child & Adult Care Food Program

North Star Community Services is a sponsor of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Meals are available at no extra charge to enrolled adults as a routine part of day programming, giving participants the nutrition they need.

North Star Community Services sponsors the Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Meals are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Adult care participants who are members of food assistance households, or who are SSI or Medicaid participants are automatically eligible to receive free meal benefits. Meals are available at no separate charge to enrolled adults in the following North Star centers:

  • Newel Post Adult Day Services (1108 Tiffany Place, Waterloo)
  • Waterloo Day Habilitation program (3420 University Avenue, Waterloo)
  • Canterbury Center Adult Day Services (3623 Canterbury Court, Waterloo)
  • Waverly Center Day Habilitation program (219 - 20th Street NW, Waverly)

"In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State of local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Services at (800) 877-8339. Additionally program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-307) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider.

The statement is available in Spanish.